Monday, June 1, 2009

Luke vs the Volcanic Cough






I've been feeling a little "coughy" lately.  It seems like it is a seasonal thing, which suggests allergies.  What I'm pretty sure is that it's a cough that's caused by a post nasal drip.  Again that seems to indicate allergies.  Whatever is causing it I wish it would stop.

I've read a bit about possible causes/cures on the Internet and I actually bought one of those weird "dump water through your nose" things... I think it's called a Neti pot.  Anyway - it's not a pleasant thing to pour water into your nose.  My reasoning?  Why would I do this?  Well, there are a number of reasons one develops a post nasal drip.  One is that there is simply too much mucus in the sinuses.  Another is a potential fungal infection.  A third is an allergy.  Since the problem presents itself mostly indoors and around spring/summer I am inclined to believe that it's an allergy.  Probably a dust allergy (it's easy to imagine me being allergic to the feces of dust mites).  For any of these potential problems a simple solution is to clean out the allergen/fungus/mucus with a wash.  We'll see if it helps.  I'm not sure it will, but I hope so.

My beautiful wife thinks I'm just over analyzing it.  I hope she's right and it's just a cough or whatever. 

I also ran across this video on YouTube. It's pretty cool, though has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

No comments: